This may not seem very nice, but it’s probably the #1 reason why I’ve ever made any money in this space. Although we love the ‘trustless’ nature of many blockchains, the information we receive is always based on trust. So, who do you trust? It’s worth taking the time to understand the character behind all of the people you follow on Twitter. Trust is one thing, but it also helps to think about the following:
- Do they have a track record of pumping their own bags?
- Why are they tweeting this now?
- Do they need followers to make money?
- Do they care about the tech or the art?
- How do they make money? Do they need to make money?
- What did they do before web3?
My favorite people on twitter think long term, don’t need followers to make money, and have a track record of success and trust.